Clinical Quality Assurance Officer
Evolutio is an independent Hospital Eye Service provider, established in 2011 and having seen over 1 million patients, using milti-disciplinary clinical teams, working together to deliver a high-quality ophthalmology outpatient and minor surgical service, for NHS and self-pay patients.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in the role of Clinical Quality Assurance Officer. Reporting to the General manager, you will drive for continuous service improvement for the patient, through gathering service user feedback, auditing quality outcomes, and offering one to one guidance and support to service users who maybe experiencing a less than exemplary service, ensuring that their voice is heard, actions are taken, and future developments made from the lessons learnt. This role is a real opportunity to effect positive change on all departments and roles, working across every aspect of the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Effective liaison and communication with all evolutio staff in relation to quality assurance and compliance policies, procedures and guidelines ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities.
– Collate and analyze patient feedback, of both passive sources and through active patient engagement.
– Monitoring and reviewing patient complaints
– Face to face and telephone discussion with patients about their experience of care and if concerns are raised work with the team to resolve these where possible at source
– Support patients in resolving challenges and achieve resolutions before a compliant maybe required
– Promote the learning of lessons from positive and negative feedback.
– Ensure high standards of record keeping in association with concerns and formal and non formal complaints
– Provide administrative support for concerns and complaints, acknowledgement emails and the administration of all feedback and engagement processes.
– To escalate any issues in a timely way to the General manager and Clinical Lead
– To provide a frontline problem-solving and signposting services to patients
– Plan and perform internal quality assurance audits and provide feedback
– Ensure improvement action plans are in palace and monitored
– Develop and improve systematic approach to quality assurance across all services
– Identify any training needs and feed this into team leads, HR and education leads.
Key Skills and Expectations.
– Ability to organize and priorities own workload
– Positive approach to engaging patients, including conflict de-escalation.
– Organisational and time management
– Collaborate and team player, ability to build strong partnerships and work with colleagues across the business
– Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
– Strong written communication skills
– Henley on Thames / Home Based / Requirement to visit clinics regularly
Dependent on experience
– 28 Days holiday, inc public holidays
– Private Health Insurance
– Pension Scheme
– Cycle to work
– NHS Discounts
How to apply / recruitment process
– Complete the questionnaire below and send your CV and covering letter to HR@evolutio-uk.com
– Face to Face interviews for successful applicants
– Second round interviews, including a clinic visit
– Job offer
Recruitment Form & Profiling Questionnaire
We require all new applicants to complete our online recruitment form and profiling questionnaire. Once both are completed we will be in contact.
To support our recruitment process we have employed the use of PeopleMaps. PeopleMaps is simple to complete and can help provide an insight in an applicant’s character so we can tailor our approach to recruitment.
Health and Safety
You must comply at all times with Evolutio Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents to the HR department.
Equality and Diversity
You are required to abide by Evolutio policies and procedures and to actively support the company commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
Respect for Patient Confidentiality
You should respect patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
Infection Prevention and Control
All employees have a personal responsibility to comply with Evolutio Infection Prevention and Control policies to protect their own health, the health of patients, visitors and other employees and to prevent health care associated infections. This includes a requirement to maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment. All clinical staff must ensure rigorous and consistent compliance with standard infection control precautions including Hand hygiene, dress code and use of personal protective equipment and other clinical care policies and protocols applicable to infection prevention and control. Employees are required to challenge poor performance or poor practice in relation to infection prevention and report any breaches to the HR department.
Safeguarding Children and Adults
All employees have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults including but not limited to patients, members of the public and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring you undertake the appropriate level of training in accordance with our safeguarding policy training strategy and that you are aware of and work within the safeguarding policies of Evolutio.