Clinical Optometrist / Independent Prescriber
Evolutio is an independent Hospital Eye Service provider, established in 2011 and having seen over 1 million patients, using milti-disciplinary clinical teams, working together to deliver a high-quality ophthalmology outpatient and minor surgical service, for NHS and self-pay patients.
Joining the evolutio team, you will find an opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious clinical team of Ophthalmic Technicians, Optometrists, Independent Prescribers, Specialty Doctors, led by our team of consultant Ophthalmologists. The Evolutio clinical team offers great support through direct Consultant access, peer support, and a robust clinical CPD program to support your growth, allowing you to grow your clinical experience in a well-equipped and comfortable clinical setting.
Through a network of purpose-built community eye clinics, we are expanding at pace to include all parts of London, the Home Counties, and beyond. If you looking to either start your IP training, or put your advanced clinical certificates into practice outside of an NHS Hospital, then we would love to talk to you.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– To deliver specialist clinical care for patients in line with professional guidelines and Evolutio protocols within appointment times.
– To plan and deliver specialist clinical examinations tailored to individual patient requirements.
– Diagnose, manage and advise on any vision defects, diseases or abnormalities with a multidisciplinary team, developing your skillset for autonomous decision making.
– Conducting pre-and post-operative assessment on patients attending after referral for cataract surgery.
– Conducting pre-op assessment on those patients referred for laser YAG capsulotomy, YAG – IP and SLT.
– Communicate effectively, provide positive recommendations and information to each patient
– Undertake the role to discharge patients when required.
– To maintain accurate clinical records and high standard imaging.
– To maintain the specified patient appointment times during a busy clinic
– Ensuring your clinical area is prepared and ensuring all equipment is clean, checked and ready for use
– Work alongside the Ophthalmic Assistant in the day to day running of the clinic
– To be responsible for autonomous independent prescribing and glaucoma management
Key Skills and Expectations.
– A natural enjoyment of communicating with people
– An ability to be empathic in delivering bad news
– An ability to remain calm and balanced in a busy clinical environment.
– An ability to work with all grades of clinic staff, especially with regard to supporting others personal development.
– Professional registration
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
– Experience of working within a hospital eye department
– Working within a community based outpatient facility
– Experience of seeing high volumes of patients in a fast paced clinical setting
– Ip Registered
– Professional diploma in Glaucoma or equivalent
– Romford, London
– Saturday and Sunday
Clinic Optometrist Pay Scales
Optometrist: £63,000 to £65,000
Optometrists with Post Grad Certificates: £63,000 to £66,000
Optometrist with Diploma in Glaucoma / Med ret: £66,000 to £68,000
Optometrist Independent Prescriber: £69,000 to £71,000
Optometrist Independent Prescriber with Diploma in Glaucoma: £71,000 to £76,000
– 35 Days holiday, inc public holidays
– Private Health Insurance
– IP and Advance Certificate Training Sponsorship opportunities
– Internal IP Placement
– Internal Consultant led CET & CPD program
– Pension Scheme
– Cycle to work
– NHS Discounts
How to apply / recruitment process
– Complete the questionnaire below and send your CV and covering letter to HR@evolutio-uk.com
– Face to Face interviews for successful applicants
– Second round interviews, including a clinic visit
– Job offer
Recruitment Form & Profiling Questionnaire
We require all new applicants to complete our online recruitment form and profiling questionnaire. Once both are completed we will be in contact.
To support our recruitment process we have employed the use of PeopleMaps. PeopleMaps is simple to complete and can help provide an insight in an applicant’s character so we can tailor our approach to recruitment.
Health and Safety
You must comply at all times with Evolutio Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents to the HR department.
Equality and Diversity
You are required to abide by Evolutio policies and procedures and to actively support the company commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
Respect for Patient Confidentiality
You should respect patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
Infection Prevention and Control
All employees have a personal responsibility to comply with Evolutio Infection Prevention and Control policies to protect their own health, the health of patients, visitors and other employees and to prevent health care associated infections. This includes a requirement to maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment. All clinical staff must ensure rigorous and consistent compliance with standard infection control precautions including Hand hygiene, dress code and use of personal protective equipment and other clinical care policies and protocols applicable to infection prevention and control. Employees are required to challenge poor performance or poor practice in relation to infection prevention and report any breaches to the HR department.
Safeguarding Children and Adults
All employees have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults including but not limited to patients, members of the public and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring you undertake the appropriate level of training in accordance with our safeguarding policy training strategy and that you are aware of and work within the safeguarding policies of Evolutio.