Ophthalmic Assistant - Multiple Locations
Evolutio is an independent Hospital Eye Service provider, established in 2011 and having seen over 1 million patients, using milti-disciplinary clinical teams, working together to deliver a high-quality ophthalmology outpatient and minor surgical service, for NHS and self-pay patients.
Joining the Evolutio team, you will find an opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious clinical team of Ophthalmic Technicians, Optometrists, Independent Prescribers, Specialty Doctors, led by our team of consultant Ophthalmologists. The Evolutio clinical team offers great support through direct Consultant access, peer support, and a robust clinical CPD program to support your growth, allowing you to grow your clinical experience in a well-equipped and comfortable clinical setting.
Through a network of purpose-built community eye clinics, we are expanding at pace to include all parts of London, the Home Counties, and beyond.
We are looking for a reliable person who is able to pay close and accurate attention to detail. You must also demonstrate excellent communication skills, a caring manner with all ages and abilities and be able to empathise with and support patients and team member.
– Perform subjective test of visual functions
– Perform objective assessment using ocular imaging
– Accurately record patients test results
– Instil dilating eye drops in accordance with protocols
– Monitor stock levels of consumables
– Undertake administrative duties as specified by the team lead
– Manage own clinical workload
– Ensure a safe working environment, reporting any equipment faults to the team lead
– Deliver reliable, effective customer service and contribute to its improvement
Key Skills and Expectations.
– The ability to communicate effectively with staff and patients
– An ability to remain calm and balanced in a busy clinical environment.
– An ability to work with all grades of clinic staff, especially with regard to supporting others personal development.
– Show a caring and sensitive approach to dealing with elderly and visually impaired patients
– An ability to ensure accuracy, clinical competence and seek support when needed
– Understand the need to maintain confidentiality
– Adaptable with a flexible approach to work
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
– Optical Experience
– Isle of Dogs
– Park Royal
– 28 Days holiday, inc public holidays
– Private Health Insurance
– Internal Consultant led CET & CPD program
– Pension Scheme
– Cycle to work
– NHS Discounts
How to apply / recruitment process
– Complete the questionnaire below and send your CV and covering letter to HR@evolutio-uk.com
– Face to Face interviews for successful applicants
– Second round interviews, including a clinic visit
– Job offer
To support our recruitment process we have employed the use of PeopleMaps. PeopleMaps is simple to complete and can help provide an insight in an applicant’s character so we can tailor our approach to recruitment.
Health and Safety
You must comply at all times with Evolutio Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents to the HR department.
Equality and Diversity
You are required to abide by Evolutio policies and procedures and to actively support the company commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
Respect for Patient Confidentiality
You should respect patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
Infection Prevention and Control
All employees have a personal responsibility to comply with Evolutio Infection Prevention and Control policies to protect their own health, the health of patients, visitors and other employees and to prevent health care associated infections. This includes a requirement to maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment. All clinical staff must ensure rigorous and consistent compliance with standard infection control precautions including Hand hygiene, dress code and use of personal protective equipment and other clinical care policies and protocols applicable to infection prevention and control. Employees are required to challenge poor performance or poor practice in relation to infection prevention and report any breaches to the HR department.
Safeguarding Children and Adults
All employees have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults including but not limited to patients, members of the public and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring you undertake the appropriate level of training in accordance with our safeguarding policy training strategy and that you are aware of and work within the safeguarding policies of Evolutio.