Evolutio is an independent Hospital Eye Service provider, established in 2011 and having seen over 1 million patients, using milti-disciplinary clinical teams, working together to deliver a high-quality ophthalmology outpatient and minor surgical service, for NHS and self-pay patients. Joining the evolutio team, you will find an opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious clinical team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team in a number of locations across London. We are looking for someone who has good communication skills and who is able to empathise with patients. No previous experience is necessary as full training will be provided.
– To perform diagnostic tests requested by the clinicians on patients in a timely and accurate manner
– To be responsible for the maintenance of the equipment used
– To undertake administrative duties required for the job
– To support the ophthalmic with the overall smooth running of the clinical services
– Maintain stock levels by overseeing the ordering off the clinic
– To prepare rooms in readiness for clinics and undertake general housekeeping duties.
Key Skills and Expectations
– Great customer service and approachable demeanour
A natural enjoyment of communicating with people
An ability to remain calm and measured in a busy clinical environment
– Previous experience of working with the general public
– Good communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate effectively and with sensitivity with patients and carers
– Attention to detail and high levels of accuracy in a busy care service
– Always maintain a professional manner
– Ability to work independently as well as in a team
– Ability to priorities individual workload, tasks, and excellent time management
Motivated by whole team success, and an ability to inspire other team members
– A strong understanding of the confidential nature of the work
– Excellent communication skills
Preferred Experience / Qualifications
– Previous experience working with patients in a hospital/healthcare setting
– Previous experience working in a clinical ophthalmic setting
– Basic Information Governance
– Data Protection
– NHS Patient Data Confidentiality
– Romford, London
– Walthamstow, London
– Isle of Dogs, London
– Park Royal, London
– Colindale, London
– Stowmarket, Suffolk
– Full Time
– Salary: £21,956 to £23,519 London (Depending on experience)
£20,330 to £21,777 Stowmarket
– 28 Days holiday, inc public holidays
– Private Health Insurance
– Internal Consultant led CET & CPD program
– Pension Scheme
– Cycle to work
– NHS Discounts
How to apply / recruitment process
– Complete the questionnaire below and send your CV and covering letter to HR@evolutio-uk.com
– Face to Face interviews for successful applicants
– Second round interviews, including a clinic visit
– Job offer
To support our recruitment process we have employed the use of PeopleMaps. PeopleMaps is simple to complete and can help provide an insight in an applicant’s character so we can tailor our approach to recruitment.
Health and Safety
You must comply at all times with Evolutio Health and Safety policies, in particular by following agreed safe working procedures and reporting incidents to the HR department.
Equality and Diversity
You are required to abide by Evolutio policies and procedures and to actively support the company commitment to equality and diversity in both employment and the delivery of services. All patients, staff and visitors must be treated equitably, with dignity and respect taking into account their race, gender, ethnic origin, age, disability, sexuality etc.
Respect for Patient Confidentiality
You should respect patient confidentiality at all times and not divulge patient information unless sanctioned by the requirements of the role.
Infection Prevention and Control
All employees have a personal responsibility to comply with Evolutio Infection Prevention and Control policies to protect their own health, the health of patients, visitors and other employees and to prevent health care associated infections. This includes a requirement to maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment. All clinical staff must ensure rigorous and consistent compliance with standard infection control precautions including Hand hygiene, dress code and use of personal protective equipment and other clinical care policies and protocols applicable to infection prevention and control. Employees are required to challenge poor performance or poor practice in relation to infection prevention and report any breaches to the HR department.
Safeguarding Children and Adults
All employees have a responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults including but not limited to patients, members of the public and colleagues. You will be responsible for ensuring you undertake the appropriate level of training in accordance with our safeguarding policy training strategy and that you are aware of and work within the safeguarding policies of Evolutio.